Following a string of recent school bus tragedies in Florida, Indiana, Mississippi, Pennsylvania, and Kentucky, NHTSA is calling on everyone to reduce incidents of stop-arm violations. Please slow down near buses. Help us keep our children safe!
• Be alert and slow down when driving in neighborhoods with school zones.
• Watch for children walking, playing or assembling near bus stops. Children arriving late for the bus may dart into the street without looking for traffic.
• Obey the school bus laws in your State, as well as the flashing light signal systems used on school buses.
• Flashing yellow lights indicate the bus is preparing to stop to load or unload children. Motorists should slow down and prepare to stop their vehicles.
• Flashing red lights and extended stop arms indicate the bus has stopped and children are getting on or off. Motorists must stop their cars and wait until the red lights stop flashing, the extended stop arm is withdrawn, and the bus begins moving before they can start driving again. See more: https://www.nhtsa.gov/press-releases/nhtsa-urges-motorists-drive-safely-near-school-zones-and-bus-stops
Copyright © 2016 Green Park Elementary. All Rights Reserved.
Website Design by Walla Walla Web Weavers.