December 2016 Message
I cannot believe that we are already to December! We have accomplished much in these first few months of school. Here is a brief list:
- Implementing Conscious Discipline strategies in all classrooms K-5
- Completed the school wide “norming” process to aid in our school wide decision making.
- Worked to update our School Improvement Plan
- Completed bullying training for 3rd-5th grades
- School Wide training on the Conscious Discipline “Time Machine”, conflict resolution tool
- Set school wide instructional goals: daily implementation of learning targets in reading and math
- Development of a School Leadership Team, to assist in communication, problem solving and professional development amongst all staff
Fund raiser COMPLETE!
A big THANK YOU to PTA President Troi Coram and her co-chair Katie Masferrer for their hard work on the yearly Math-A-Thon fundraiser. We initially set out to raise $10,000 to support programming through PTA and were successful with raising $12,000! WOW!
The classroom competitions and tri-cycle races that were a result of this fundraiser were a lot of fun! Students were told early on that “busting” the goal would result in a tri-cycle race between Mr. Vernon and Mrs. Yonts. It was a heroic race. However, Mrs. Yonts came up a few tenths of a second short! As a result, Mrs. Yonts wore the “Turkey” costume on Monday during morning announcements, at lunch recess and at dismissal. Students enjoyed the light-hearted teasing and cajoling and Mr. Vernon, being new…escaped…this time!
A BIG thank you to all families who participated in the fundraiser and assisted our PTA in earning the funds to run for the year! We are very thankful for everyone’s hard work!
Mrs. Norby and Mrs. Knowles have been gearing up and preparing students for our annual Winter/Holiday Programs. We are excited to perform for all of you~ Mark your Calendars!
Thursday, December 8- 9:30-10:30 Kinder & 1st
Thursday, December 8- 1:30-2:30 2nd & 3rd grades
Monday, December 12- 1:30-2:30 4th, 5th & Choir
*Parents: If you are planning to take your child home after their performance, you MUST check students out from the classroom. All Visitors need to stay in the gym until our students leave and make it back to their classrooms. Thank you for your help in having an orderly dismissal.