Principal's Message - August 2017
Dear Students and Families of Green Park~
I hope this note catches you still enjoying some amazing summer weather and fun times with your friends and family! I have had a great opportunity to spend time with my friends and family this summer and now I’m gearing up for another fantastic school year with all of you!
A recently updated 17-18 School Supply List has been uploaded to our Green Park Website. Click on the School Supply List link to find it…many back to school sales are in progress…so be sure to shop early and SAVE BIG!
Our school office will be open to the public as of August 21, hours 8:30 a.m.-3:30 p.m. Mrs. McCaw, our head secretary and Ms. Nunez our registrar will be open for business! Kindergarten families should be receiving a letter in the mail the week of August 14th to communicate the Kindergarten appointment time. If you need to adjust your meeting time, please contact the office after it opens for the year to make arrangements. Please don’t forget that incoming Kinder students have mandatory immunizations they need to enroll—if you’ve not gotten immunized yet—please do this before your kinder appointment.
Additionally, we will be hosting a Back to School Supply Drop Off and Watermelon feed on Monday, August 28 from 4:30-6:00 p.m. We encourage families to bring their students to drop off school supplies, meet their teacher before the first day of school and enjoy some cold watermelon out by the GP Garden! We look forward to seeing you!
Isaacs Street will not be completed before the first day of school…as a matter of fact, we will most likely not have a completed bus lane until mid-late October. No worries! We will have the same pick-up/drop-off plan as we’ve had in the past. PATIENCE will really pay off…please help us to keep Green Park a safe place for children.
Morning Drop off:
- NO Parking on Green Lane in the a.m.—please use side streets or staff parking lot. There is not enough parking for everyone…give yourself plenty of time, especially the first few weeks of school
- Curb side drop off is down in front of the gym…stay OUT of the way of School Bus traffic
- Please do not drive through alley ways and take short cuts. LET’S KEEP KIDS SAFE!
After School Pick-Up:
- Bus traffic is on Green Lane from 2:50-3:00 p.m…10 minutes. Please refrain from mixing your car with bus traffic.
- We have supervision out front of our building until approx. 3:15 p.m. Its o.k. to arrange to meet your child at the flag pole and park on Green Lane (diagonally) after bus traffic leaves.
Once our new bus lane is ready to be used, we will be communicating to all Green Park families and our surrounding Green Park neighborhood the traffic flow and guidelines we want all to follow. We appreciate all of your individual efforts to help keep this hectic time of each school day SAFE for our PANTHERS!
In closing, I am working to be sure our school website is a bit better updated during this school year. I hope you’ve found this August update helpful—be looking for a September update towards the end of the month!
Wishing you well~
Mrs. Gina Yonts